About Scott McDonald
What is Nomos?
Nomos is the Greek term for “law” but in the context of sociology it refers to the ability to find meaningful order in chaotic data and to the ability to capture the worldviews of individuals. This is the mission of Nomos Research.
Scott C. McDonald has more than 30 years of leadership in the media and advertising industries and teaches popular courses on media economics and measurement at Columbia University.
Executive & Academic Positions
- Senior Vice President, Research & Insights, Condé Nast (2001-2014)
- Adjunct Professor, Columbia Business School (1998-present)
- Board of Trustees, UC Berkeley Foundation (2015-present)
- Chairman of PDRF (Print & Digital Research Forum) (2007-present)
- Board of Directors, i-COM (2013-present)
- Advisory Board, Graphika (2014-present)
- Strategic Partner, Tattoo Brand Strategy (2015-present)
- Board of Trustees, Population Reference Bureau (2014-present)
- Board of Trustees, BAMPFA (2012-present)
- Executive Committee, Marketing Science Institute (2011-2014)
- Chairman, Advertising Research Foundation (2001-2002)
- Matrix Lecturer, Social Science Matrix Program, University of California, Berkeley (2015)
- Adjunct Professor, NYU Department of Sociology (1987-1991)
- A.B. in Sociology, University of California, Berkeley (1973)
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Harvard University (1983)
- National Science Foundation Fellow (1978-1981)
- Charles Abrams Fellow, Harvard-MIT Joint Center for Urban Studies (1981-1982)